Friday, December 3, 2010

Singing, Pigs and the Job

I've had this Blogger account for about a year now & never posted once. Thought you needed something important to say. Having read a blog or a thousand since then, all I can say is... Boy is my face red.

...Moving on...

First time I wrote an autobiography I was 15. It was understandably short (that's what she said anyway) and vapid. Why argue with what works?

At work a couple weeks ago, I was singing under my breath and a lady at the counter said "Better not give up your day-job." Funny thing is, I work at night. What was she really saying?

Edie Brackell (spelling?) bugs the living Christ outta me. Can't put my finger on the exact reason. Perhaps it is the same reason that "some there are who cannot abide a gaping pig... others, when the bagpipe sings i'the nose, cannot contain their urine." All I know is, when Edie sings through her nose, I wanna stab people in the ears.

On a related note, I've started to question Paul Simon's wisdom.

I hate politics, but am inexorably drawn to it. Reminds me of my job.

Today is a day off from the job I hate. Nothing personal against the people there; by and large they're good folks, and the work keeps me out of trouble. Feels like a waste of life to be there is all. The job flies in the face of so much that I hold dear.... like money, for instance.

Good news though: I have another job... One that does not pay as much as my more acceptable, minimum-wage one, but one I enjoy infinitely more. I get to do that one today. See you at the studio.

Since brevity is the sole of wit (some asshole wrote a poem about that once), I'll end it there today. Til next time, remember: Arguing with corn-fat crackers is like trying to break up a fight between two pigs. You get mud all over you, and the pigs resent you for it.

Peace and Respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment