Sunday, May 1, 2011

How to Get Crackin

For those who don't know, I am more than just a reclusive wanker with a Blogspot account. I put together the beats for United in Flow Volume 1 and a few for Volume 2 (to be released this summer).

I've also got two self-produced albums (Go Time and Tip the Bar respectively).

As stated earlier, I've been putting off a 3rd for a couple years now for various reasons.

For one thing, I was unemployed while working on the first two, and that gives one a lot of time.

For another, I was working on United in Flow for a good chunk of last year - for the first few months without knowing it.

Finally, I've been working at minimum wage trying to make ends meet for a year. That's an endless excuse and a dead-end.


Dead, Dead End. Lol Pictures, Images and Photos

The path of excess leads to a faceplant.

So much for excuses. Time to move.

Good News Everyone. Been hitting the booth at Euphonic Sound Recording to end this cycle of procrastination. Like Rorshach, I've picked my face up, brushed it off and put it back on.

Photobucket

It might get hot.

You know what writer's block is, right? Ever since Gotta Move, lyrics have come slowly... Like, not at all. Did nothing but beats for almost a year.

Then all of a sudden it hit me: You wanna write, then sit the fuck down and write something. Anything. Blog post. News story. Open letter to Hu Jintao. Jot down some words that rhyme if you got nothing else. The songs will come out of that.

And they have.

It isn't like I don't have shit to say.

Shut your mouth Pictures, Images and Photos

Don't let what happened to Deadpool happen to you.

Writing like a maniac too. Been to the studio a couple times in between job-searches (see my previous post for the reasons behind that).

And you know, it's funny what happens when you let go of any formulas to which you have held, whether deliberately or just out of habit. That's probably the hardest thing. I think we all have these mental marble statues of our perfect selves, and we need to smash the shit out of em before we can actually do the things for which we were born. Like, to DUST. Then brush em aside.

Right now I'm listening to the Next Big Thing. I don't know that yet. Matter of fact, it's only a dope beat right now. It has bones & muscle, heart and pulse. All it needs now is a voice.

And so off to work again.

Trying to find my place in the Canuck Pantheon. Not exactly a downhill walk.

See you in another present.

No comments:

Post a Comment