Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Mathematical Theory for Dubstep

Heard it said that Dubstep is just a bunch of noise, arranged in frenetic, low-tempo 4/4 rhythms, created by gremlins who don't know a bassline from a bathtub.

Photobucket
And they all hate this guy for some reason.

This is historically inaccurate.

Dubstep (DS) actually began when a few raving Drum & Bass (D&B) fans stopped dropping MDMA and started going through their parents' metal records (HM) while on the Marijuana (mj).

Just guessing there, but listen to some of that ruckus again and tell me I'm wrong.

For those who need a mathematical formula:

(D&B - MDMA + HM) x mj = DS.

Q.E.D.

Which is weird, since music is built on a framework that can be described through mathematics, and yet everybody knows axiomatically that HM > DS.

Photobucket
Go on, prove me wrong.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are not those of Blogspot, Google, Viacom, or blah-blah-blah... Hell, they aren't even really mine. As more perceptive readers will understand, I talk out of my ass sometimes. I think it's funny, and so far people seem to agree.

So if you're a fan of Dubstep or D&B and this pissed you off, go get a sense of humor. Or don't. It's none of my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment