Monday, April 25, 2011

Long-Promised, Never Delivered.

Like the major political parties in this country, I have made and broken promises. Remember the first "Red Book"? For those too young to remember, that was back in 1993. Chretien's Liberals came to power with a majority on the strength of a list of promises so extensive they had to make it a book.

They had to run the next election on a blank book, citing the fact that the promises in it were easier to keep. (Would have included the video footage, but 22 Minutes' archive goes only so far back.)


Back to me though (more fun, less controversial). 2 years ago I promised 2 EPs to the 29 or 30 of you still waiting on a follow-up to 2008's "Tip the Bar."



Next video will be tinted red... and blank.


Seriously though. I'm just sick about the whole thing. Got plenty of excuses to offer, but they all suck. Obstacles are meant to be stepped over. I've had to take a serious look at the way I approach life, and hate what I see. Lamenting my misfortunes, I fail to recognize my opportunities... or if I recognize them, I seize on the nearest reason to delay action.


Fear of failure? Definitely. Fear of success? I don't even really know what that means, unless it means fear of failure *after success.*



Not really sure which one this is. Definitely some kind of success to be found here, but... uh...


The sad fact is that I lack imagination. Or as Steve Coogan said in "Hamlet 2":



"Wow. Writing is HARD."


It WAS a stupid movie. But it was also AWESOME.


I'll understand if you think I'm about to make the same mistake as the Liberals did back in 93 (Was it a mistake? That term of broken promises was followed by two more majorities...). But I'll say it anyway, and you will know the truth of it. Another Duke Buzzy record will FINALLY materialize this summer. And it will be the best one ever, mainly because this one will be recorded at Euphonic Sound Studio, not some attic somewhere. And with proper mics, not just my old $120.00 condensor.


microphone Pictures, Images and Photos


Stand fast; it's about to go down. Thank you KOSTAS807 for this lovely mic. Hope you don't mind me borrowing it.


Oh yeah... This time around, the evolution will be televised. Sort of. Join me tomorrow night (Tuesday, April 26th) on the 47 Productions podcast. I have no idea what's going to happen, but that hosts Sean Sirianni and Jack Wilson will get roaring drunk while I make fun of them.


This at least is a promise I can keep.


No comments:

Post a Comment